[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Panos Filip panosfilip at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:28:58 EDT 2009

>On Friday 25 September 2009 22:24:29 Laurie Clark-Michalek wrote:
> Personally, I have found 11 (chromium-snapshot-64) to be perfect, with
> a couple of glitches when upgrading. For 64 bit users, it seems to be
> the best. However, I can't see the point in chromium-snapshot-64.

But it's 64bit only. The ideal (which is doable) is to have one PKGBUILD that
will repackage both 32 and 64bit zips from build.chromium.org.

One PKGBUILD on [extra] that does what would be ideal for chromium-snapshot is
flashplugin. If you try to build it, if you are on 32bit machine ($CARCH -->
x86) it will build 32bit flashplugin, if you are on 64bit machine ($CARCH -->
x86_64) it will build the 64bit one.
--
Panos Filip