[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Biru Ionut biru.ionut at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:48:13 EDT 2009

On 09/26/2009 05:49 PM, Panos Filip wrote:

> I think he found the first PKGBUILD not good, and then, instead of fixing
> it, he disowned it and uploaded another one.
>
> Do you think it's a good idea to create a *wiki page* where we'll propose a
> universal way of building chromium packages ? Then, a TU or someone else who
> *can* maintain difficult PKGBUILDs, should upload them.

lets clean it :D.

i will let only one build from ubuntu ppa and only one build from google
bot.

I vote for chromium-browser-dev (ppa) and chromium-snapshot(google bot)
and chromium-browser-svn which is the only one that is building from
source.

If chromium-browser-dev and chromium-snapshot doesn't have proper
PKGBUILD for building native 64/32 we should ask the maintainer do that
well and if he doesn't do that in couples of days, i will orphan it

what do you think about this?

--
Ionut