[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sun Sep 27 02:12:24 EDT 2009

Hamo schrieb:
> When shall we get an official version maintained by archlinux developers or
> TUs?
> In this way we can end up this chaos.
>
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Scott Smith <jcdenton513 at gmail.com> wrote:

I was just building chromium-browser-svn. It pulls 900 Mb sources and took hours to build.

The build worked but the result was quite disappointing. The browser does not render
asiatic fonts correctly, is not faster than any other browser and pulls some weird
dependencies (ttf-ms-fonts).

I do not think this product is mature enough to hit the repos yet, and I do not see
anyone who wants to do that.

Regards Stefan