[aur-general] advice wanted on "surf" package

Ray Kohler ataraxia937 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:00:20 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> dwm was one of the very few softwares I never used a PKGBUILD for and
> don't recommend using one.
> And the problem you just described is one of the reasons.

It's a little off-topic, but what did you actually do with dwm, then?
Use the upstream build system, or script your own? Install into
/usr/local, /usr, or somewhere else? hg tip or stable version from
tarballs? Basically, I'm asking whether, in the case where you decide
not to use a PKGBUILD, do you then follow upstream's installation
recommendations, or roll your own?