[aur-general] Time Taken for Tarball to Reflect Contents

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:03:05 EDT 2009

2009/9/28 Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there a delay between an upload and the time it takes for the tarball
> > be regenerated? Or is it because for the first time I actually uploaded a
> > src pkg (with the extension) when previously I used to upload my own
> .tar.gz
> > files?
>
> The files are immediately replaced on the server. However, your
> browser is showing you a cached version of the PKGBUILD. Clearing your
> cache or forcing a reload (Ctrl+F5 in Firefox) will get you the new
> PKGBUILD. :)

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm refering to the tarball, i.e wget
$aurpkgurl, not the information on the web interface.

The cache issue is the other way around - tarball is current, but
information on the web interface remains the older one which btw sometimes
refreshing does not solve (nor closing and reopening browser).

Well, it's good now. But after only at least 30 minutes. So there was
definitely a lag somehow, due to something. I'll observe whether this
happens again.