[aur-general] advice wanted on "surf" package

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Sun Sep 27 17:44:28 EDT 2009

Le Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:21:23 -0400,
Ray Kohler <ataraxia937 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Back on topic, I think I'll wait and see if anybody else has any
> surprising suggestions that disagree with this one, and if none are
> forthcoming, I'll disown the surf package. Having a pacman developer
> tell me not to use pacman for a given purpose is rather convincing, in
> which case, I should let someone who _isn't_ convinced take on the
> package and worry about the problem, instead of me. ;)

Well, I am not since I use surf with the stock configuration :)

Even if I weren't, I don't use Yaourt or any automatic upgrade tool (but I do have a script that checks and warns me if my packages are outdated) so the way it works now is OK for me.

I always install everything with Pacman when I can because it can track the files in my system tree for me. I create custom PKGBUILDs if I need to, even if they have to be ugly.

Anyway, I think surf should stay in AUR and be maintained so I'm ready to take ownership of the package if you choose to disown it.

--
catwell