[aur-general] How to make a PKGBUILD for Kepler/Xavante?

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Sun Sep 27 20:30:41 EDT 2009

Hi listmates,

as I said in an earlier email in another thread, I always try to make a PKGBUILD for every piece of software I install. There's an exception though: the Lua webserver Xavante, which is part of the Kepler distribution (http://www.keplerproject.org/xavante/).

I can set it up without Pacman that way: ftp://catwell.info/misc/arch/xavante/howto-setup.txt but I haven't found a way to make it work properly with makepkg.

The problem is that the setup process run in a fakeroot leaves the string corresponding to $pkgdir in a lot of places in the resulting files, including binary files. I have tried to use sed on the resulting files but I didn't manage to get rid of it everywhere, neither to get a working package.

Has somebody already given a try at packaging such an application, and are there examples of packages that deal with this kind of problem?

Thanks,

--
catwell