[aur-general] Newbie question about updating package

Franz Rogar franzrogar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:49:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've just finished patching fontforge-cvs PKGBUILD using libpng14
patch in stable. I'd upload it but I've an important question:

If I send the package it will update the current one? It uses the same
pkg name. Or do I need to do something prior?

Main differences between this and the "out-of-date" flagged one in AUR are:

- It's a "true" cvs package. Old one just pick a dated release.
- It applies libpng14 patch from stable release so it can be built
again now that libpng14 is the default version.
- It enables type3 support, devicetables, python scripting and double precision.

--
Thanks in anyway,
        Franz Rogar