[aur-general] beecrypt build issues

Gary Wright wriggary at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:23:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That works
>>
> I don't know much about -march=native so I wonder if it it's supposed
> to basically detect and make it compile the same way as -march=core2
> on a core2? I'm thinking that maybe you had me do that because you
> think that I set my march wrong?
>

> --
> Caleb Cushing
>
> http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

No, I didn't think you set your -march wrong,  When I last
reinstalled, I looked up the safe cflags wiki page for my own use, and
it redirects to a line in the makepkg.conf wiki page that states:

As of version 4.3.0, the gcc compiler offers the -march=native switch
that enables CPU auto-detection and automatically selects
optimizations supported by the local machine at gcc runtime. To use
it, just modify the Arch Linux default settings by changing the CFLAGS
line as follows:  etc.....

But, while going over to gentoo's safe cflags wiki entry, I did notice
that it does list -march=core2 as a valid march entry.  Perhaps you've
stumbled into a bug?