[aur-general] tinyxml package in AUR

Hubert Grzeskowiak aur-general-ml at nemesis13.de
Sun Apr 18 10:39:28 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
the tinyxml package (a C++ lib for handling xml files) from AUR is expired for
some time already and the maintainer seems to not have the time to update it.
I've put together my own one, but I'm unsure how I should put it on the web.
Creating another package in AUR seems a wrong decision, so I thought somebody
here can replace the original one. Beside the version update it also has STL
support enabled and it creates shared libs.

Here's the PKGBUILD:

# Contributor: Hubert Grzeskowiak <arch at nemesis13 dot de>
pkgname=tinyxml
pkgver=2.6.1
_pkgver=2_6_1
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="A simple, small, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrated into
other programs."
url='http://www.grinninglizard.com/tinyxml/'
arch=('any')
license=('zlib')
source="http://sourceforge.net/projects/${pkgname}/files/${pkgname}/${pkgver}/${pkgname}_${_pkgver}.zip/download"
md5sums=('60f92af4f43364ab0c6d5b655e804bd3')

build() {
  cd $srcdir/$pkgname
  install -d $pkgdir/usr/include
  cp *.{h,cpp} $pkgdir/usr/include/
  rm $pkgdir/usr/include/xmltest.cpp
  sed -i.orig -e 's/TINYXML_USE_STL := NO/tINYXML_USE_STL := YES/' Makefile
  make || return 1

  rm -f xmltest.o
  g++ -shared -o libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver -Wl,-soname,libtinyxml.so.0 *.o ||
return 1
  install -d $pkgdir/usr/lib
  install -m755 libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver $pkgdir/usr/lib/
  cd $pkgdir/usr/lib
  ln -s libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver libtinyxml.so.0
  ln -s libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver libtinyxml.so
}

--
Have a nice day
Nemesis#13