[aur-general] plz remove perl-set-infinite

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 04:59:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> These requests of yours pop up quite frequently on this mailing list.
I try not to.

> assume you are using a tool that generates those PKGBUILD for CPAN
> distributions (perhaps pacpan?) and then submits them to the AUR.

if you read the pkgbuild you would know.

> Often it
> seems the tool you are using is not very good at finding out whether a perl
> package is already in the repos or not.

The tool doesn't check. I have to do that by hand. I'm not aware of
any tool that does. I suppose I could work on adding that
functionality as it would be really useful. I'm getting tired of
checking.

> Perhaps you could improve that, to
> avoid annoying the TUs every couple of days ;)

Instead of asking me not to make a mistake how about we allow authors
to delete there own packages from AUR? Or maybe Make AUR smarter and
reject packages that are in one of the other repos.

problem is I've got more packages and am adding more every day. for
every 1 I've asked you to delete I've added (or adopted) about 20 (to
the tune that I maintain over 300 now and growing). I'm trying to make
sure I check every package before uploading. but sometimes I screw up.

I've got a system that I'm working on that's helping to keep me from
doing this. I now have a partial list (well really the templates I
generate from) of what I'm actually maintaining here
http://github.com/xenoterracide/AURpan .

I still have to check cpanp -o daily to see what's out of date, that's
not on that list. Then I try to check to see if it's on aur or in an
arch repo and respond appropriately. Again, sometimes I screw up.

I suppose the final option is to make me a TU so that I can handle my
own deletions.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com