[aur-general] plz remove perl-set-infinite

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 05:34:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> pacman does...  "pacman -Ss perl-set-infinite" makes it quite clear that
> this package is in [community].

that's still manually. that's yet another command I have to type.

>   One of the old perl package generators
> used to give a error if a package was already in the repo so it can be done.

I know it can be done. but it's not been implemented here yet. I
suppose I can look into it... but that could take a while, if you want
it now... patches to CPANPLUS::Dist::Arch are welcome >:) .

While I'm at it I'm going to make it automagically flag your packages
out of date so I don't have to do that anymore either.

> We had issues with people adopting a bunch of packages and deleting them.
>  So this is not going to happen.

shame that people have to ruin something like that. Have a queue
delete button that will delete the files after like a week or
something. Then have an interface that allows you to reject deletions
and block them from the queue... or... you could just have it where it
allows you to approve each one. It would at least save us all from
emailing.

I notice you didn't respond to the idea that aur rejects them
instead... since aur will reject a package I don't own if it's on aur.
why not just reject any package that's in any of the other repo's for
the same reason.

> So make you a TU so you can clean up your frequent mistakes...  does not
> sound a convincing argument! :P

It wasn't meant to be. If someone eventually decides to talk to me
about it, I'll consider it at that time. I'm not asking, it wasn't a
serious statement. AUR actually works well enough for me to contribute
in what I believe is a meaningful manner. AUR is great.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com