[aur-general] perl prereleases request to make official decision to deviate from general guidleines

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:55:56 CEST 2010

I'm working on a PKGBUILD for perl 5.12 and I notice that it's
providing 20 some odd prerelease modules. I'm annoyed but I can't do
anything about it.

The general PKGBUILD guidelines say use the same as upstream unless
there is a hyphen. so for a perl prerelease of 0.90_1 that guideline
follows to release it as exactly the same. However 0.90_1 is == 0.90.1
and greater than 0.90 which it is a prerelease for on cpan.

I'd like to suggest that for perl the official guideline be to make
the version 0.90_pre1

Dist::Zilla a release automation tool also allows for using a format
_TRIAL which is not yet popular on cpan but does happen should pacman
add a _trial ? to the list of options? I think we could just use _pre
here too.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com