[aur-general] Please disown haskell-{funcmp, hopenssl, hsdns, hsemail, hsyslog}

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Wed Aug 11 23:10:02 EDT 2010

On 08/11/10 18:44, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 16:04 +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
>> Well, when a Haskell package is obviously out-of-date on AUR and someone
>> offers to take over maintenance, then disown it and let that person
>> handle the package. That's the way it's done for everything else, and
>> the procedure seems to work fine. It's a mystery to me why the ArchLinux
>> team deviated from that procedure for Haskell packages in the first
>> place.
>>
>> Take care,
>> Peter
>
> Wasn't there a Haskell update script that automatically did the
> updating?

I thought so... I think the reason we (Haskellers) got this special case
for the Haskell-Hackage packages is we thought we had a cool tool that
would do it all automatically, and everyone (Arch and/or Haskell I
guess) was excited about it.  But evidently something in the technology
or the process stopped/didn't work quite that well (yet) (And
until/unless it does, using the usual AUR rules on ownership makes sense
to me.) -- I'm not sure what sort of obstacles remain currently:
probably Don knows but is busy with other work...

-Isaac