[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Jonathan Conder j at skurvy.no-ip.org
Tue Aug 17 10:09:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 07:24 -0500, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> Going through the bug reports, it seems that you have a keen eye and don't
> let bugs go unnoticed.

Thanks :)

> That said, I am a little bothered by the amount of packages you do maintain
> currently in the aur which is only 6.
>
> Since you do have such a small amount of packages, I will ask, what are your
> goals after you become a TU?

Fair enough. The main reason I maintain only those packages is that
everything else I use from the AUR already has a maintainer. Becoming a
TU would presumably allow me to adopt other people's packages and put
them in community. Also, MythTV + plugins makes up 12 packages already.

Anyway, I just saw your second email. With that vague list I wasn't
talking about the AUR, but rather packages that could be adopted within
the repos, like MythTV is at the moment. I'm not really sure what those
are exactly (or if there are any), hence the lack of specifics.

Here is a longer list of AUR packages that I could possibly pick up:

bin32-skype (if policy allows)
desmume
fbsplash
fbsplash-extras
fbsplash-theme-arch-black
fbsplash-themes-arch-banner
gap-math*
gnome-colors-icon-theme
gnome-packagekit
gummi
lightning
mediatomb[-svn]
myththeme-blue-abstract*
nautilus-makepkg*
nspluginwrapper-debian
nspluginwrapper-flash
packagekit
pacman-glib
python-poppler

I've starred the ones that aren't that popular, but are interesting to
me personally. Also, I'm not ready to release PackageKit-related stuff
quite yet, but I would hope that it would be reasonably popular when I
make a proper announcement.

Jonathan

P.S. Thanks Allan