[aur-general] TU request?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sat Aug 21 03:39:43 EDT 2010

 On 21.08.2010 09:10, Brad Fanella wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Terribly sorry if this is misplaced. Do I have to send a request to somebody
> in order to apply to become a trusted user?
>
> Anyway, I was recently reading a thread created on the forums that was
> basically talking about a need for new trusted users from within the
> community.
>
> Most of the discussion is on page two and beyond. We were talking about how
> having a larger amount of TU's and having them each maintain a smaller
> number of packages, typically ones that they use themselves, would seem more
> logical, or at least get packages synced quicker with upstream. After a
> nudge from Allan, I finally decided to apply.
>
> Again, sorry if this is in the wrong location. Could someone point me in the
> right direction if it isn't? (I checked the TODO section under the "Trusted
> User Guidelines" page on the wiki, but I assume that is for after you have
> been approved?)
>
> Don't hesitate to ask for more information. :-)
> Thanks,
> Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry to inform you that this was indeed the completely wrong place
to post - and you even did so in a totally inappropriate fashion that
utterly insulted us all. You therefore redeemed your only life time
chance to become a TU for Arch Linux. Better luck next time.

However, this time - and only this time - am I willing to forego such a
blatant and glaring disruption of harmony on this peaceful and orderly
mailing list.

If you want to become TU and make up for all the damage you have caused,
you need to find a sponsor (any TU with a unix beard is qualified for
that) first. In order to find a sponsor, you need to provide info on
what you currently maintain in AUR, if you have an overall goal/target
group like usability, core development, games (yay) that you want to
focus on and some general info about yourself, including age, location,
experience with Arch and possibly other distros as well possible coding
skills. Optional info: eye color, shoe size, favorite color, pets, names
of people you regularly have contact with, credit card numbers and bank
account details.

A TU wanting to sponsor you will reply to this thread and will start the
discussion period after which a voting period will follow. If the voting
quorum is met, happy birthday, you are in. If not, an Arch Linux TU
application expert will be dispatched to your location and will take
care of you.

Good luck.

Survival advice 01: Do never attempt to start a thread about the
inclusion of cdrtools or big packages.
Survival advice 02: Some people on Arch Linux overuse sarcasm at an
attempt at being funny. Don't fall prey to their silliness.
Survival advice 03: Do not neglect the update of an outdated package.
People become *very* angry when an upstream update doesn't hit Arch
Linux repositories within one hour of release. Don't make this error.
Lives depend on this.

-- Sven-Hendrik