[aur-general] TU application

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Sat Aug 21 14:42:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been asked a few times to apply as a TU and finally decided to do
so ;).

My name is Florian Pritz, I'm from Austria, 18 years old and I've been
using Arch for something like 2 years and a few weeks. Before that I've
sometimes tried OpenSUSE, Fedora, Ubuntu and Gentoo, but after a few
hours/days switched back to Windows.
Currently I have 5 boxes running arch, 1 (desktop) testing, 3 servers (2
at home), 1 laptop (my father's). I'm mainly active in #archlinux.de,
but also sometimes helping out on bugday.

I'm a quite experienced PHP and shell programmer and some time ago I
started with perl, which is really cool thanks to CPAN and bauerbill. My
C and python skills are somewhat basic, but enough to find and fix some
bugs.

Currently I have 27 packages in the AUR [1], some even having > 40 votes
and I'd like to bring those to community. Quite a lot of them still have
"|| return 1", but I'm removing those whenever there are updates available.

One of my servers is used for webhosting, myqsl, mail and a few shell
accounts and I'd like to help update some of the software that's running
on this box (most of it is from extra though :( ). Sometimes I'm
rebuilding stuff like mysql, php, dovecot or postfix because of
security advisories, but most of the time the you guys are faster.

A small side project of mine is a pastebin/file upload service [2]
written in PHP, using pygments for highlighting and memcached to reduce
the load. [3]

Thorsten Töpper asked me to become a TU and also wants to sponsor me.
Thanks.

If you want to know more, please ask. I'm not a good story writer ;)

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=bluewind
[2] http://paste.xinu.at
[3] http://git.server-speed.net/users/flo/filebin

--