[aur-general] Help with a perl package needed

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Sun Aug 22 06:13:02 EDT 2010

Hi,
I just remembered that I wrote a PKGBUILD for a perl program a while ago
but never made it available to others.
I know nothing about perl, so I'm looking for advice.
It did build, install and apparently work, but spits a whole lot of
errors now. I don't have the slightest idea how to figure out what's
wrong now.

I had to write PKGBUILDs for a bunch of the dependencies as well, and
used CPANPLUS to do that.

Thanks to a hint from a fellow archer I noticed that a bunch of those
are already provided by the perl package itself.

Well, to me this looks like nothing but a huge mess, can you help me
clean it up?

pkgname=nama
pkgver=1.064
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Tk/CLI frontend for ecasound"
arch=('any')
url="http://freeshell.de/~bolangi/cgi1/nama.cgi/00home.html"
license=('GPL2')
depends=('perl>=5.10.0' 'ladspa' 'ecasound' 'perl-anyevent' 'perl-event' 'perl-parse-recdescent'
'perl-data-section' 'perl-file-find-rule' 'perl-io-all'
'perl-modern-perl' 'perl-term-readline-gnu'
'perl-yaml-tiny' 'perl-file-copy-link' 'perl-graph' 'perl-text')
makedepends=()
options=(!emptydirs)
source=("http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GA/GANGLION/Audio-Nama-$pkgver.tar.gz")
md5sums=('59c871d55e175413d0b0cfceb042b775')

build() {
  cd "$srcdir/Audio-Nama-$pkgver"

  # Setting these env variables overwrites any command-line-options we don't want...

  export PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1 PERL_AUTOINSTALL=--skipdeps \
    PERL_MM_OPT="INSTALLDIRS=vendor DESTDIR='$pkgdir'" \
    PERL_MB_OPT="--installdirs vendor --destdir '$pkgdir'" \
    MODULEBUILDRC=/dev/null

  # If using Makefile.PL
  { perl Makefile.PL &&
    make &&
    make test &&
    make install; } || return 1

  # remove perllocal.pod and .packlist
  find "$pkgdir" -name .packlist -o -name perllocal.pod -delete
}

--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan