[aur-general] ardour-lv2

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Aug 23 10:24:06 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Ng Oon-Ee's message of 2010-08-23 16:06:54 +0200:
> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 14:03 +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > Excerpts from Ty John (sand_man)'s message of 2010-08-23 13:53:51 +0200:

> > > I see.
> > > FFT is an audio visualisation tool. I guess this package probably
> > > shouldn't really be called -lv2 then.
> >
> > When I created it, the [extra] package wasn't built with lv2 support
> > (slv2 wasn't in [extra] either). It appeared sensible at the time,
> > because lv2 support was the major difference.
>
> \me goes to uninstall ardour-lv2 and update from extra =).
>
> Thanks, you're right, the lv2 support was the big difference. I
> recommend ardour-lv2 can be removed, since its not required anymore with
> [extra] having lv2 support.

Yeah, I did the same.
The difference is small now and -lv2 is a misnomer now, so I'd also be
in favor of removal. The [extra] PKGBUILD is good now and easy to
modify anyway.
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan