[aur-general] makechrootpkg

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 02:53:25 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 08:36:39 Nathan O wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com>wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2010 08:18:23 Nathan O wrote:
> > > Is there a way to make 'makechrootpkg' use clyde so it will install
> >
> > missing
> >
> > > dependencies from AUR? I looked at /etc/makepkg.conf /etc/pacman.conf
> > > and couldn't find an option. I also looked at the source for
> > > makechrootpkg
> >
> > and
> >
> > > didn't see anything I could change to make it use clyde instead of
> >
> > pacman.
> >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chr
> > oot
> >
> > all unrecognized args get passed to makepkg, so maybe, there is a need to
> > install sudo in your chroot and then you can use '-s' and '-r' opions to -
> > makepkg for the dependency resolving
>
> I did sudo pacman -S sudo -r /aur/ and retried and it still doesn't find
> the package in AUR.

Did you follow the steps in the wiki to create the chroot ?

usage makechrootpkg [options] -r <chrootdir> [--] [makepkg args]

so for example makechrootpkg -c -r /home/myhome/archchroot -- -s -c -r
the first -c will clean your chroot
the first -r says where you have put your chroot
-- means the rest of the args goto makepkg
-s == get the deps as stated in the PKGBUILD
-c == cleanup after build ( remove src and pkg dirs )
-r == remove dependencies after build

the -s and -r flags for makepkg require sudo

more extended information can be found here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg

of course in combination with the Clean Chroot documentation

hope it helps you on track