[aur-general] TU process

Nathan O ndowens.aur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:51:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am not good at resume' like stuff LOL. I mean I don't know programming
> > which would probably be kind of looked down on. Though on the upside I am
> > online every night :)
>
> Shell scripting is the only language that a TU *must* know.  Familiarity
> with others can be helpful at times.  For instance, I've occasionally
> had to write patches for C-based packages.  If I hadn't been capable of
> writing those, I would have found someone who was, either upstream, or
> within the TU community.  Can you research a problem and find a solution
> to it?  That's a valuable skill; don't underestimate it.
>
> -- Chri

Currently I was having a issue with algoscore. Namcap gave a insecure rpath,
so I figured out how to fix that and created a patch. At some point in time
today I got to figure out what is causing the actual program to not run or
crash.
I know a bit of shell scripting, I am not the greatest but I can do some
scripting. :)