[aur-general] algoscore

Christopher Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 22:21:13 EDT 2010

Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *** glibc detected *** algoscore: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0a010ba8

*SNIP lots of backtrace*
> The above is what I get when I try to start algoscore, it seems to be glibc
> related

Actually, it has very little to do with glibc.  There's a memory-related
bug in that program.  I'm curious to see what valgrind has to say about
it.  Here's what I would do.

Edit /etc/makepkg.conf.  Disable the strip option in the OPTIONS array.
Change CFLAGS to read:
CFLAGS='-g -O0'
Next, rebuild the package.
Run it under valgrind, like this:
valgrind --leak-check=full --log-file=valg.log PROGRAM_NAME PROGRAM_OPTIONS
If you send me the log file off-list, I'll look over it.
You should probably undo the edits to /etc/makepkg.conf when you are
done.   I keep two copies of makepkg.conf: one for building normal
packages, and one for building packages with debugging symbols.

-- Chris