[aur-general] TU Application / Looking for sponsor

Jakob Gruber jakob.gruber at kabelnet.at
Wed Aug 25 07:30:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to apply for the TU position, and as I don't have a sponsor yet it'd
be great if somebody would be kind enough to take me on :)

A little bit about myself: I'm 26 and I live close to Vienna, Austria. The
past couple of years I've worked as a database developer / consultant,
then as a C# programmer (with a couple of additional tasks like building and
maintaining our SVN / Trac server). In my free time, I've also been playing
around with C++ and Python.

I've been using Arch for around 2 years. I haven't had much linux experience
before that - if I remember correctly it was around 1-2 months of Ubuntu and
Gentoo. I regularly lurk on the forums and maintain a few packages in
AUR ( http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=schuay ).

Generally, I'm mostly interested in maintaining games. However I'm more than
willing to help out where it is needed. Out of my AUR packages, I'd consider
taking

firehol,
me-tv
and stone-soup

to community.

I have a decent pc (3ghz dual core, 6G ram) available to build for both i686
and x86_64.

schuay