[aur-general] oDesk created archlinux packages!

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Aug 27 03:30:55 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 08:15, Stephen Weinberg <stephen at q5comm.com> wrote:
> My package, godesk (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635), is
> no longer needed. Apparently the archlinux community (maybe only me)
> pestered them enough for them to decide to make official packages!
> (http://www.odesk.com/community/node/234) This new edition was
> apparently created at the expense of the static version.
>
> At the bottom of the page it says "oDesk supports the following Linux
> versions: Ubuntu 8.10+, Debian 4+, Fedora 9+ and OpenSuse 11+." It does
> not say archlinx... but I guess it is a start.

Of course I couldn't use any of the AUR package managers (bauerbill,
paktahn, yaurt, etc) to get their package :-(

Could you pester them a little bit more to get them to maintain a
source package on AUR? ;-)

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org