[aur-general] Orphan (adoption) request for x48 and delete request for x48-emulator

René Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:27:22 EDT 2010

Good day.

[this same message has been hanging in the non-subscriber moderation
queue for a few days now]

I'm a recent arch user (but longtime linux user) and would like to adopt
the x48 package, an emulator for the HP-48 scientific calculator.

There are two versions of the package on the AUR, x48 and x48-emulator
but both are out of date and unfortunately neither listed maintainer
(also CCed) has responded to email.

I've created a new PKGBUILD updated to the current 0.6.3 and have also
patched x48 itself to have it use the normal archlinux X11 app-defaults
directory (/usr/share/X11/app-defaults) instead of a previously
hard-coded /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults. The new PKGBUILD furthermore
installs the "ROMDump" program so people can use it to grab the ROM from
their own HP-48s. Might also like to do more serious work on the
emulator in the future.

I suppose the x48-emulator package will have been created only because
back then the x48 maintainer also didn't respond -- if I can adopt the
x48 package, the x48-emulator package could be deleted I suppose.

I'm not a subscriber to the list; if I look through the archives I
believe it's not usual to attach src archives but if anyone want to see
my version, it's at:

http://members.home.nl/rene.herman/arch/x48-0.6.3-1.src.tar.gz

I'm "rene" on the AUR (with only the "ufiformat" package as of now).

Regards,
Rene