[aur-general] Changes to AUR and community due to the multilib repository
jan.steffens at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:48:04 EDT 2010
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> With the creation of the [multilib] repository, all 32-bit libraries are
> now installed in /usr/lib32 and compiled from source using the
> gcc-multilib package instead of being copied from i686 packages. All AUR
> users maintaining lib32-* and bin32-* packages are encouraged to adapt
> their packages to the new layout.
> All trusted users who want to maintain 32 bit packages should join the
> arch-multilib mailing list and ask for access there. The x86_64
> community repository should remain lib32-free in the future.
- only install the 32-bit libraries and depend on their 64-bit equivalent for
completeness (e.g. lib32-foo depends on foo)
- depend on lib32-glibc at least, if they don't depend on other
- depend on lib32-libtool if they require the libtool libraries at runtime
- makedepend on gcc-multilib if they build using gcc
- makedepend on libtool-multilib if they build using libtool
- use as appropriate:
export CC="gcc -m32"
export CXX="g++ -m32"
- symlink their license directory to the 64-bit version if they have
(/usr/share/licenses/lib32-foo --> foo), instead of installing another copy
- have a pkgdesc identical to their 64-bit version, with " (32-bit)" appended
More information about the aur-general