[aur-general] gtkd delete
louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 09:32:10 EDT 2010
On Sat 28 Aug 2010 04:10 -0500, Nathan O wrote:
> Also found another, gtkd http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22002 The
> package won't compile, the last commit to the author's git repo is around 2
> years ago. I tried using dsss like it said to use to build it and also
> renamed GNUmakefile to Makefile and ran make. If I used dsss, it would not
> install anything in the $pkgdir. If I tried running make, then it would give
> a compile error.
I don't believe a compile error is a good enough reason to delete a
package. If the source code is still available you can always patch it.
The best reasons for deletion are:
- It contains malicious programs.
- The package is a duplicate of another.
- The package is obsolete. Development has moved to another project.
- Source code or data is no longer available.
- There is some kind of legal issue that forbits a PKGBUILD. This is
probably non existant.
More information about the aur-general