[aur-general] orphan request

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Dec 2 16:43:22 CET 2010

Excerpts from Ray Rashif's message of 2010-12-02 13:56:37 +0100:
> On 2 December 2010 20:48, Peter Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:07:59 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> >> As a general policy we wait a week before
> >> orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire to
> >> adopt to package.
> >
> > At least two weeks would be my minimum. It's perfectly possible that someone
> > is just on holiday / vacation. It wouldn't be nice to come back and find all
> > your lovingly crafted PKGBUILDs taken off your hands!
>
> No need. A week is sufficient for packages that have been marked
> out-of-date for so long.
>
> The maintainer is a TU so I've CC'ed him. He can orphan it for you if
> he doesn't foresee himself maintaining it.

Tbh. I don't know for how long it has been flagged, but I assume it's
been a while because the last release was in 2009. However, I just now
see that it's a prerelease, dated 21/05/2009

Anyway, there are comments about problems with the PKGBUILD from 30 Mar
2010 and apparently no response at all. The PKGBUILD, from the looks of
it, hasn't been touched since 2008 and has a couple of apparent issues.

Thanks for CC'ing, I didn't suspect him being a TU.