[aur-general] TU application - Kyle Keen

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 19:20:58 CET 2010

Hello all.  I am applying to become a TU.  My sponsor is Xyne.

My name is Kyle Keen, though my handle for irc/bbs/the-last-12-years
has been Keenerd.  I've been using Arch for a while now, from back
when it was still known for refusing to package info files.  Before
that I did a wee bit of dev work for Puppy Linux.  I actually got a
bash gui app (yay xdialog) into the ISO but please don't look up the
code, it was my first bash script and is rather terrifying.  Lately I
am a 24 year old freelance electrical engineer and spend my days
writing C, my nights writing Python and during the twilight hours some
Bash.

Right now I host the bugbot in #archlinux-bugs and I've got a few AUR
packages(1).  Of them, ScrotWM and Slurm probably deserve to be in
[community].  I've written several well-liked metatools for Arch
including Pacgraph, Pacmatic, and Aurphan.  Aurphan is the main reason
for trying to apply.

Pierre requested a feature to cross check official packages as well as
the AUR(2).  I was a little shocked to find 35 official orphans on my
system.  Clearly, we are understaffed.  Arch has been nothing short of
amazing and I want to do what I can to help keep it going.  Other
goals include improving the maintenance tools and porting Arch to old
or cheap architectures.  I also mirrored the AUR for a while and have
a nearly complete copy of the old comments from before the Great Table
Drop that should be re-inserted.

Thanks for your consideration,
  Kyle
http://kmkeen.com