[aur-general] removal proposal for Ranguvar

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Fri Dec 3 04:00:36 CET 2010

Laurent Carlier wrote:

> 2010/12/2 Ray Rashif <schiv at archlinux.org>
>
> > On 3 December 2010 06:47, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de>
> > wrote:

> > > This is kinda sad to hear, but given the complete (and undeclared)
> > > inactivity, I'd agree.
> >
> > Yeah. At first I thought it was a normal inactivity issue. But then
> > Ionut made me aware that he doesn't even have an account. That was
> > awkward.
> >
> > Anyway, he doesn't appear to have the time. So I say it's best he's
> > removed for now. He can apply again after 3 months if by that time he
> > wants to start contributing.
> >

> It make sense to start a removal procedure: no activities, no votes.

I sadly agree. I believe that he submitted his application with good intentions
but I have not been aware of any real activity since his application was
accepted. The voting records show that he has only participated in 2 votes,
both within the first week of becoming a TU, after which he has not voted in
nearly a year (since 2009-12-09) and thus skipped 15 consecutive votes.

The lack of commits in [community] is not a reason per se as a TU could focus
on maintaining the AUR or helping out in other ways. Even if there are ~700
orphans, a TU might not use any of those packages and thus not be able to
properly test them. I think we have agreed that TUs should maintain packages
that they use themselves instead of trying to be the mighty Atlas of package
maintainers.

His forum account shows activity within the last week so it appears that he
hasn't been abducted by the CIA and hauled off to some dark hole somewhere.* I
hope that he will reply to this thread to at least explain his apparent
inactivity.

* Of course, they may have opened a few Starbucks with free wifi in some of
  those dark holes, but I have no idea how much allowance the detainees get.
  Considering Starbucks' prices, they would probably have to save up for weeks
  just to buy a small cup of plain coffee, so internet time would be limited.
  Subtract the time it takes to update your fb status and post a tweet and you
  just don't have much left to handle business.