[aur-general] removal proposal for Ranguvar

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Sat Dec 4 23:15:16 CET 2010

On 12/05/2010 12:07 AM, Loui Chang wrote:
> On Sat 04 Dec 2010 23:59 +0200, Ionuț Bîru wrote:

>>> I myself thought there would be voting, but I just realised Ionut
>>> inferred that we needn't vote from the following:
>>>
>>> "for which standard voting procedure deviates from the above."
>>>

>> above being the voting procedure and from my understanding what is the
>> opposite of having a voting? NO voting.
>>

>> we had this situation in the past and we didn't had any voting procedure. we
>> just removed it and we continued our business.
>>
>> with or without the vote, the result would be the same. And to be fair, we
>> are investing too much time in the removal, even more that he invested in
>> community.
>
> Then don't waste any time on it. Leave it alone.
> But if you do want to remove a Trusted User you MUST follow the bylaws.
> Three days discussion and Five days of voting for removal due to
> inactivity. Read the bloody bylaws.

maybe i lack the understanding of words and to quote from bylaws:

"The removal of a Trusted User may also occur at any time.

A motion must be made by at least two active Trusted Users for the
removal of a Trusted User. (THIS IS ME)
Following the motion, standard voting procedure commences with a
discussion period of 7 days.

There is one special case for removal, removal due to unwarranted and
undeclared inactivity, for which standard voting procedure deviates from
the above."

OK SEE?

Care to explain what's the procedure for the special case? Clearly is
not voting procedure is something else.

--
Ionuț