[aur-general] TU Application

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:12:28 EST 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:

> Indeed this is partly what i mean with splitting packages. I actually
> just mean get rid of big packages ( 400Mb ) and turn them into arch=any
> if you can ( like urbanterror, urbanterro-data)

If this is limited to only a couple of packages where the 'any' files are
particularly large then I see no problem. Like I said what I'm afraid of is
Arch turning into Debian where *every* package has a corresponding *-libs,
*-dev, *-bin, etc. and each of the split packages is only a couple hundred
kB in size. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/