[aur-general] TU Application

PyroPeter abi1789 at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:21:54 EST 2010

On 12/06/2010 12:22 AM, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> However I really don't like the idea of splitting out -data packages. This
> is basically what Debian does. I remember they would take a single package
> and split it to *-bin, *-libs, *-dev, *-src, *-otherstuff, etc. It's a
> nightmare. --Kaiting.

This actually makes much sense:

Imagine a game with 2MB of architecture-dependent executables and 2GB of
grafics/sounds. In the repo this will look like this:

2GB  somegame-i686.pkg.tar.gz
2GB  somegame-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
total: 4GB

When you split out the data part, it looks like this:

2MB  somegame-i686.pkg.tar.gz
2MB  somegame-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
2GB  somegame-data-any.pkg.tar.gz
total: 2.004GB

--
freenode/pyropeter                          "12:50 - Ich drücke Return."