[aur-general] Tarball Guidelines

Slash demodevil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 04:19:01 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:42 PM, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the input.  I'm pushing the posts now and it should be
> done in a few hours.  For now it is just doing a single pass, but in
> the future I'll set it up to track the RSS.
>
> There is a lot of fun stuff in the AUR.  More stats later.  For now,
> here is my favorite:
>
> 472 packages had a single PNG.  1 package had 100 PNGs.
>
> For more fun, try to find the bot.  He's tagging 4% of packages, so it
> should not be too hard.
>
> -Kyle
> http://kmkeen.com

I would suggest modifying the bot's comments to point out the fact
it's an automated message and not an actual user, so people aren't
replying to it and expecting a response.

It may make more sense to include this functionality as part of the
upload process and notify the maintainer at that point, so comment
areas aren't filled with bot spam every time there's a new package
revision for packages with legitimate "binary" file usage.

Thanks,

Slash