[aur-general] TU application - Kyle Keen

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:14:51 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, we have most of the comments, they just haven't been merged back

Oh, cool.  Never mind then.

> How exactly did you mirror the AUR? Do you know
> if there's a lot of this type of thing going on?

A 'for' loop?  It is not hard.  Only takes 30 minutes to get all the
tarballs.  A few hours for the comments.  I dont know of anyone else
doing it.  I don't do it that often either.

> I wish people would mention this sort of thing.

I have, on the BBS and IRC.  Been doing it for about a year now.

> Though I
> still don't see why anyone would really need a whole copy of the AUR,
> other than for research or something similar.

Yeah, about that.  Let me get back to you when I figure out how to
deal with 20 thousand users.  That has been the biggest stumbling
block for the past year.

> Glad to see you applying for TU. Cheers!

Thank you.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com