[aur-general] Tarball Guidelines

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Dec 7 03:25:06 CET 2010

Am Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:02:00 -0500
schrieb Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com>:

> I might be kind of crazy here, but maybe desktop files and icons are
> things that should be distributed from upstream. So maintainers should
> work to get those included like a patch or whatnot.

I generally agree, but not every upstream does include desktop files
and it's not possible for packages which aren't maintained by upstream
anymore.

We already had this discussion on the mailing lists. So this should be
handled quite flexible in AUR as well as in the repos.

So if upstream doesn't provide such files or until upstream will
provide such files, such files should be included into the downstream
packages.

And there are upstream devs who disagree and find that those files
should be provided by downstream.

You won't get the ideal in this point.

Heiko