[aur-general] TU application - Kyle Keen

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Tue Dec 7 19:10:12 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:14:01 +0100 Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> PyroPeter wrote:

> > > dude, he said it will write a bot for aur. RIGHT NOW he has a bot
> > > for bugtracker and it doesn't send any emails, just write some
> > > text in the channel. nothing more, nothing less
> >
> > I think he actually launched the AUR-bot:
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8388
> > (first comment)
>

> Some AUR users have posted on the list in response to the bot. I
> can't find the others right now but here's one:
>
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2010-December/012330.html
>
> Just to be clear, the bot does not insult anyone and it does state
> the reason for the comment rather than some ambiguous "ur pkg is full
> of fail, lol" comment.
>
> My issue is that I consider the launch premature and overzealous and
> I'm seeking reassurance that in the future ongoing discussions will
> be considered before action is taken.

Still because of that quickshot I'll change my previous expectation to
vote.

Even a reassurance won't change that for this vote, probably for a
future one but not for this.

Sorry but once a application is passed the applicant has directly to
show a responsible behaviour, TU stands for Trusted User not Trolling
User.
This is not meant as a direct insult, don't misinterprete it.

Atsutane

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4