[aur-general] meaning of "abstain"

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Wed Dec 8 06:50:56 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:44:19 +0000 Peter Lewis
<plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2010 20:53:40 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Thorsten Töpper
> <atsutane at freethoughts.de>wrote:
> > > ... I'm stuck between an Abstain and a No and I guess some other
> > > TUs are also thinking about how they should handle this...
> >
> > You can stop being stuck; with the current bylaws Abstain and No are
> > functionally identical.
>
> Just out of interest - has a circumstance occured as yet where a
> difference in understanding of the concept of "abstain" would have
> affected the outcome? If so, what happened?

Well as Kaiting said in the amendment thread, he thinks as a machine,
so with this binary thinking I'll just ignore this everywhere where it's
not topic of the thread, in other words for the current state:
everywhere except for the amendment one.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4