[aur-general] TU application - Kyle Keen

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:54:45 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> The issue as I see it is that you presented the idea on this list for
> discussion but didn't care to follow that discussion until a conclusion was
> reached.

It seemed discussion had petered out.

> Some TUs objected to the bot and I think you should have taken those
> objections into consideration (e.g. that icons should be tolerated, etc).

In the days before the launch there were seven replies.  Of these,
three were positive and four were neutral.  Not one negative comment
or objection.  (From just TUs: 1 positive, 2 neutral, 0 negative.)
All advice given in the neutral comments was applied.  Tone of the
message was greatly lightened in the case of icons.  Silly workarounds
like base64 were removed.  No one commented on the number or choice of
packages in the lists attached to the original post.

I will look for stronger consensus in the future.

> The length of my replies might be taken to mean that this is a bigger issue

I'm just glad you are taking the time to write them.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com