[aur-general] Deletion request

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sun Dec 12 19:33:02 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon 13 Dec 2010 00:14 +0100, Seblu wrote:
>> Delete package : oracle 11gR1-1
>> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_Orphans=&SeB=)
>>
>> Because, it's orphan, it's out-of-date, source link is broken
>> (==cannot be built).
>
> Well, I must have deleted the source file in a recent cleanup. Sources
> should not be hosted on the AUR. Otherwise let whoever the new
> maintainer may be fix the PKGBUILD to retrieve sources remotely.

Ok my bad. I don't see it was a local link...

By trying to update this package i discovered that we need an oracle
account and accept a license to be able to download the Zip files
needed to installation.
I don't believe this is simply scriptable in a PKGBUILD. So, we can:
1 - Delete the package
2 - Update the package and asking to user which want to build package
to manually download zip files from oracle.com

What would you prefer?

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net