[aur-general] Arch holiday madness! nominations

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Tue Dec 14 13:10:00 EST 2010

Excerpts from Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)'s message of 2010-12-14 18:57:30 +0100:
> Given my position, I'm exempting myself from this process, however I have to
> admit I'm intrigued by lightspark. I never would have heard of it if not for
> this message. Perhaps someone should do an article on it (or on Flash
> alternatives in general) for Rolling Release?

If there were alternatives, or at least alternative flash players...
Gnash, according to some document on their website, doesn't even try to
sync audio and video, rather it's impossible by design.
Both gnash and lightspark seem to focus on making youtube work and
fail more often than not. Needless to say that there's more to flash
than youtube. The flash situation is still horrible, there are no
alternative players.