[aur-general] Remove ardour3-svn

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 20 22:22:58 EST 2010

On 21/12/10 08:30, Xyne wrote:
> Bernardo Barros wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I suggest to remove ardour3-svn from AUR. It's not ready for use
>> yet. See message from the author below.
>>
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34433

My view is that there is no need for informational post_install or
post_update messages (and I find those annoying in general...).
Especially given this obviously a svn snapshot for a branch that has
seen no release yet.  I work on the assumption that the users of Arch
are not stupid[*] and know what they are installing on their systems.
They would have gone out of their way not to just install the ardour
package from the repos for a reason.

[*] well, lets just say I do to make this point...  :P

Allan