[aur-general] Remove ardour3-svn

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Tue Dec 21 09:04:38 EST 2010

Excerpts from Allan McRae's message of 2010-12-21 04:22:58 +0100:
> On 21/12/10 08:30, Xyne wrote:
> > Bernardo Barros wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I suggest to remove ardour3-svn from AUR. It's not ready for use
> >> yet. See message from the author below.
> >>
> >> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34433

IMHO the problem is that A3 is still far from a release, so SVN is used
for heavy development at the moment while with lots of other project
development is a lot slower and only bugfixes go there. Meaning: with a
lot of software SVN is 'safe' to use while it currently isn't for A3.
Paul doesn't want casual users to try it yet but on the other hand makes
it appear as if the release is just around the corner to keep his
revenue stream flowing.
And it's not the first time and not the only way he tries to control
ardour distribution. Not our problem I'd say.