[aur-general] Remove ardour3-svn

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 09:55:11 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Bernardo Barros
<bernardobarros2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/12/21 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>:
> > Why do you need to put this in post_update as well ?
> >
> > Could you also try to reduce this to meaningful info ? Like "Please be
> > advised that ardour3 is not ready for use yet".
>

> I did like this because Paul Davis (the developer that aked to change
> it) said me he was confortable with this message as it is as long as
> the user actually read it. Pointing to those two links maybe made had
> a place in this decision? I can delete the post_update if you find it
> cleaner.

I know why you did it, even though I don't see why AUR PKGBUILDs content
should be dictated by upstream devs.

Maybe you are right about the debugging info. But the paragraphs about "not
an official ... package" and "do not use" just make the meaningful info more
difficult to spot IMHO.

About post_update, maybe a TU or a dev have an opinion on this...

--
Cédric Girard