[aur-general] TU Resignation

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Mon Feb 1 04:08:22 EST 2010

Le Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:41:34 -0500,
Jim Pryor <lists+aur-general at jimpryor.net> a écrit :

> I'm closely following Lua, and can help out with the luadoc, luafilesystem, and
> lualogging. luajit doesn't yet work on x86_64, which my machines are,
> and I haven't played with it at all, so I won't say I can help with
> that.
>
> Now I'm not a TU, and don't really have the time to take
> on TU responsibilities even if you trusted me! I'm just offering to
> help out, in case some TU is willing to adopt them but hesitates on account of
> lack of experience with Lua. Or if these were to go to AUR, then I could
> take them.
>
> The four Lua packages in AUR are graphics/plotting packages I don't use.
> Hopefully there's someone else who does. But if not, I could be a foster
> parent until someone comes along.

I am also a Lua user, and as I was reading posts by the Arch Haskell
team I thought maybe a project like that should be created for Lua. I
would love to see a better support for it in Arch, and especially to
see all of Kepler packaged (including Xavante).

If other users on this list are interrested, please email me and maybe
we could set up a user repository for lua modules...

--
catwell