[aur-general] Lua packages (Was: TU Resignation)

Jim Pryor lists+aur-general at jimpryor.net
Mon Feb 1 09:35:05 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:06:34PM +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> > - lua-related (luadoc, luafilesystem, luajit, lualogging)
>
> please don't! :-p I bet most of them are makedepends of my awesome
> package. So unless someone with more time also needs them as
> makedepends I suppose I take them next week or so.

I'm glad these packages will have good homes.

I think luadoc is the only (make)dependency for awesome, right?

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 09:08:22AM +0000, Pierre Chapuis wrote:

> I am also a Lua user, and as I was reading posts by the Arch Haskell
> team I thought maybe a project like that should be created for Lua. I
> would love to see a better support for it in Arch, and especially to
> see all of Kepler packaged (including Xavante).
>
> If other users on this list are interrested, please email me and maybe
> we could set up a user repository for lua modules...

Yeah, I was thinking of setting up an automated luarocks2arch system,
like Haskell's cabal2arch. I did something like this for most of the Chicken Scheme
modules (they're all in AUR, the automatic PKGBUILD-generater works but
it's fragile and I haven't distributed it).

I just haven't had time to make any progress on this for lua. But I'm
willing to participate when I can.

--
Jim Pryor
profjim at jimpryor.net