[aur-general] Lua packages (Was: TU Resignation)

Jim Pryor lists+aur-general at jimpryor.net
Mon Feb 1 21:33:56 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 03:58:02PM +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> > I think luadoc is the only (make)dependency for awesome, right?
> no, luadoc in itself depends on lualogging and luafilesystem so the
> only package which is not covered yet is luajit. Anybody needs that
> for a package (according to the package it is some lua code compiler?)

Oh yeah, of course.

LuaJIT is an alternative, just-in-time compiler for Lua. The package is
going through some radical growth right now, from different directions.
I don't expect to see a stable LuaJIT 2.0 release, or a release for
x86_64, or a release that tracks Lua 5.2 (now in development releases)
anytime very soon.

It looks from http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/luajit/
like nothing in the repos depends on it.

--
Jim Pryor
profjim at jimpryor.net