[aur-general] TU without [community] maintaining?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Feb 3 13:55:55 EST 2010

Am Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:41:34 +0200
schrieb Lauri Niskanen <ape at ape3000.com>:

> I agree that peer trust network is a nice idea and that pgp keys might
> be unnecessary. AUR accounts are already authenticated by the web
> system and user can be easily coupled with the uploaded files.
>
> You should be able to upload packages without any thrust status and
> also downloading and installing untrusted packages should be
> possible. There could be packages with trusted status, so the users
> wouldn't have that must packages to be checked by themselves.

This was previously implemented in and removed from AUR a long time ago.
I guess there was a reason for this.

I disagree that AUR needs additional moderators. That's what among
others TUs are for, this is why they are called TUs, and they are doing
this job really good. If you post something (deletion request,
orphaning request etc.) to this mailing list it's usually done within a
few minutes.

Greetings,
Heiko