[aur-general] [signoff] devtools 0.9.0

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:42:32 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> Hi TUs and DEVs,
>>
>> I just packaged a new set of devtools today. I'll put it into testing first;
>> so please give it a try and let me know if there are any problems. And of
>> course I'd appreciate if you could also drop a line if everything works as
>> expected.
>>
>> A warning for those who use makechrootpkg: the rw and union subdirs are no
>> longer used and cannot be used with the new tools. Aufs is no longer needed.
>>
>> For details see http://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/log/
>>
>> The most noticeable changes are:
>>
>>      Use the host's SRCDEST and PKGDEST if defined
>>      Reset umask before touching the chroot.
>>      make sure all files are owned by nobody before building
>>      Move build and package logs to WORKDIR, otherwise it is lost
>>      Create a working copy instead of using an union layer
>>      Read pacman cache dir from pacman.conf or cli
>>      Reduce verbosity to a sane minimum
>>      simplify and optimize upload process
>>      Replace expensive merge with delete and copy
>>      Add missing -n option to getopt list for mkarchroot
>>      abort if not all local source files are under version control
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Pierre
>>
>> --
>>
>> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
>>

> I'm getting  this error:
>
> creating clean working copy
> mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory

Another thing:

My CacheDir line in pacman.conf was commented out as I was using the
default:  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/.
So when using makechrootpkg, it downloaded packages in the build
directory. I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to give the
cache_dir variable a default value of  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/