[aur-general] dpkg outdated - orphan request

Chris Giles chris.g.27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:08:44 EST 2010

Sorry, I wasn't watching this tread as closely as I was this
one<http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90779>.
I'm thankful to Lukas for being able to empathise with my position.  Users
do have a habit of mistakenly flagging AUR packages as outdated; I thought
this was the case here, after Firefox still maintained that v1.4.25 was the
latest stable release.

I'm going to blame the matter on Firefox, for not invalidating my cache fast
enough.  If I do several 'soft' refreshes, over a period of weeks, a quality
web browser should get the message that I want to see the latest version of
the webpage.  Since that's obviously too much to ask for, I'll just do
'hard' refreshes from now on.